There have been many questions and concerns about expiring Department of Labor (DOL) forms in regards to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The good news is that the forms can still be used because the expiration date is not relevant to the content of the required information.
Unpaid, job-protected leave for pre-determined family and medical conditions is available to eligible employees of covered employers under the FMLA.
The five DOL optional-use FMLA certification forms address the following leave requests:
- Medical condition of the employee (including pregnancy and chronic health conditions)
- Medical condition of the employee’s family member
- Foreign deployment of the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent
- Care for a family member who is a current service member with a serious injury or illness
- Care for a family member is who a covered veteran with a serious injury or illness
To access these forms and review FAQs regarding the FMLA, visit the U.S. Department of Labor website here: FMLA: Forms | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)