Earlier this month, the OFCCP released a bulletin announcing the creation of its new “Contractor Portal”. The portal must be used by federal contractors and subcontractors with 50 or more employees and $50,000 in contracts to certify annually that they have developed and maintained an affirmative action plan (AAP). The portal will also allow contractors to submit their AAPs during a compliance evaluation by the OFCCP. This is the first time that contractors have been required to make such certifications directly to the OFCCP, which underscores the importance of developing an affirmative action plan in a timely manner. The OFCCP recommends that contractors start registering as soon as possible. Below are key dates for registration and certification:
- February 1, 2022 – contractors may begin registering for access to the portal
- March 31, 2022 – contractors will be able to utilize the certification feature in the portal to certify their AAP compliance
- June 30, 2022– existing contractors must certify whether they have developed and maintained an affirmative action program
- February 1, 2022, at 2:00 pm EST the OFCCP is hosting a webinar on the registration process for the new Contractor Portal
During this webinar, OFCCP will cover:
- The mission of OFCCP
- An overview of the Contractor Portal
- A demonstration on how your company can register and update records on the platform
- A question-and-answer session
To attend the webinar on February 1, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. EST register using this WebEx link.
Additional information can also be found here: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/faqs/contractorportal.
Please contact us today to learn more about how FosterThomas can help write your AAP or assist in your OFCCP compliance requirements.