The following information was taken from the OSHA.gov site.
The familiar OSHA (Occupational Health & Safety Administration) safety poster has undergone a few revisions. This poster is available for free in several languages and must be posted in a conspicuous location within all workplaces. This poster advises workers of their rights in the workplace, as well as the responsibilities of employers.
Job Safety and Health: It’s the Law
♦ What is the OSHA poster and why do I need it?
The OSHA Job Safety and Health: It’s the Law poster, available for free from OSHA, informs workers of their rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. All covered employers are required to display the poster in their workplace. Employers do not need to replace previous versions of the poster. Employers must display the poster in a conspicuous place where workers can see it.
♦ How do I get a copy?
You can get a copy of the OSHA poster in several ways:
- Order a print copy online from the OSHA Publications Web page. The English version is publication number 3165. The Spanish version is publication number 3167.
- Order a print copy by phone. Call OSHA’s toll-free number at 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA) or the OSHA Publications Office at 202-693-1888.
- Download a copy from the OSHA Web site. Note: OSHA requires that reproductions or facsimiles of the poster be at least 8.5″ x 14″ inches with 10 point type. Please see the instructions below for downloading a compliant version of the poster.
- Right-click on the hyperlinks below to download the PDF version of the poster. Save the file to a directory of your choice, and then open the Adobe Acrobat Reader program to load the file. For best results, the files should not be printed directly from your Web browser.
- For local PC printing, it is recommended that you use a high-resolution laser or wax-transfer type printer for color reproductions, and that the printer have at least 1 MB of memory. For black and white reproductions, it is still advisable to use a laser printer which is capable of producing at least 300 dpi resolution.
- When preparing to print from a personal computer, check to ensure that the target printer has the ability to produce the proper paper size (the minimum size is 8.5 x 14 inches). Set the Adobe Acrobat printer settings to “Shrink to Fit” and make sure to select the proper paper tray.
NOTE: The particular variables and configurations for each printer may vary, so these instructions are only general.
♦ Is the poster available in other languages?
OSHA regulations do not specify or require employers to display the OSHA poster in a foreign language. However, OSHA encourages employers with Spanish-speaking workers to also display the Spanish version of the poster.
See Posting requirements for notices in other languages (OSHA Letter of Interpretation, Nov. 12, 2004).
♦ What’s the law?
OSHA’s regulations on the OSHA poster are at 29 CFR 1903.2.
HR Management Consulting
FosterThomas is a leader in providing proactive HR Management Solutions built specifically for your unique needs.
Our exceptional HR Management Solutions are designed to provide complete and continuous HR compliance, guidance, employee cultivation, training and administration. Gain peace of mind, knowing that your unique human resources needs are being taken care of accurately, by your team of HR experts at FosterThomas HR.
[btn href=”http://fosterthomas.com/hr-management-consulting/” color=”red” target=”_self”]HR MANAGEMENT CONSULTING[/btn]