Matthew Hayes discusses ten key strengths managers share in a BLR webinar entitled ‘All-Star Supervisors: 90 Minutes Gives Them the Key Traits They Need to Effectively Lead & Succeed.’ He provides the following information regarding ten key strengths that all great managers in your organization should have:
- Planning: Star managers develop results focused plans of action.
- Organization: Great management requires the ability to multi-task.
- Communication: Effective managers communicate clearly and listen.
- Delegation: Managers must efficiently and effectively delegate tasks.
- Confident Decision-Making: Successful managers accept responsibility and are decisive.
- Optimism: Effective managers have a contagious positive outlook.
- Flexibility: Successful managers stay focused on the big picture.
- Candid Self-Evaluator: Effective managers recognize their own flaws.
- Team Player: Great managers pitch-in to help their staff.
- Lead by Example: Respected Managers ‘Practice What They Preach’.
Matthew B. Hayes, Esq. is a senior associate in the Los Angeles office of Greenberg Traurig ( www.gtlaw.com). With a practice focused on employment litigation and counseling, Mr. Hayes has litigated numerous class action and single plaintiff lawsuits concerning a variety of employment disputes, including claims for wage and hour violations, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, unfair competition and trade secret misappropriation. He also has significant experience assisting employers with preventative counseling, conducting internal investigations, and preparing employment agreements and workplace policies and procedures manuals.